Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Stand by...

Too many late nights have finally caught up with me. I woke up this morning with an inkling that I was coming down with a cold. 6 hours later I'm miserable. Add in some absolutely messed up people & my day is just lovely. *lol* The internet world is definitely filled with idiots - my wonderful friends being the exception. Right now, I feel like a boxer warming up for a match, bouncing around in the corner and raring to go. BRING IT! Seriously.

So, I gave my contact information to a guy last week, hoping that he'd actually use it. Has he? Nope. Argh. I am still hoping he does, but I'm not the kind of girl to sit around waiting for a call or email. If he doesn't, well, it's his loss. I'm beyond awesome. ;) No ego here...

Anyhow, this guy threw me for a loop yesterday, unexpectedly. I had some appointments down in the core yesterday, which always makes me happy! So, I'm traveling down 17th, a fabulous shopping & entertainment district, minding my own business. All of a sudden I look up & THERE he is! I had to do a double take, but yes, it was definitely him. Weird. Guess I know where he works now. ;) I was tempted to tap on the glass & ask if he was going to call me or not. Instead, I simply gave my head a shake and kept on going.

For those that don't "know" me, suburbia is my current home. In a lot of ways, I love it. Out of the general busyness of the city/traffic, but with a lot of services close at hand. Where I am is a fabulous lifestyle area. That said, I'm a city girl. I grew up in the inner city and in many ways I miss it. The vibrancy. Being able to walk pretty much anywhere. The arts, pubs, clubs, restaurants, shopping, parks, etc. are all great. Compared to most major cities, it's very clean. Many people are scared of being downtown after dark, but I never have been. Now & then I toy with the idea of moving back, or at least closer to the core. Now isn't the time to do so - but I still can dream, right?! I've been thinking about this a lot today.

In other news, our brilliant Premier has called an election, which will take place in just under a month. He's so on the ball, that his website is still under construction. Nice. If that's the kind of brain you need to be in politics these days, perhaps I should rethink my career path.

Alright. It's time to go scrounge in my cupboards for cold meds. I refuse to go to the store today, for fear of removing someone's head. Just one of those days. But at least I am smart enough to realize it. Also, I misplaced my open can of Coke Zero. If you see it, let me know.

No comments: